The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Release 3.2.0!

Post by Per »

Hello everyone,

Finally, release 3.2.0 is out! Thanks a lot to everyone who has been testing and reporting bugs during the beta release cycle.

It is available at our usual location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ses/3.2.0/

If you wish to compile it yourself directly from our repo:

Code: Select all

git fetch origin --tags
git checkout 3.2.0
then proceed as normal with the build process.

Please report all bugs to http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket, and not on the forums.

We have changed our release procedure a bit in order to get releases out faster. We now make releases straight off the master branch, rather than branching off a stable branch from which we make releases. Hopefully this will make us do releases faster. Going from 3.1 took a ridiculous 3.5 years - which we agree is way too long!

2016-07-10: Version 3.2.0 - changes since previous beta
GeneralAI
  • Change: Update the NullBot AI to version 3.06 (11ef362816)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Release 3.2.0!

Post by Per »

While this is a big occasion, please hold off spreading word of this release a little bit just yet. We still want to fix up some things with the homepage, such as displaying it in the news feed and fixing the broken SSL certificates, as well as write a proper what-has-changed-since-3.1 list here. Thanks.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

isn't it too early Per ? for release. May be some RC builds ? or something
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Caluss
New user

Post by Caluss »

yes it is too early!
lots of bugs remain!
this must be mistake?
rockking
New user

Post by rockking »

Thanks for Release 3.2.0 it was really required and released on time.
I observed some good changes then previous version (3.1.5) - specially I like the improvement in Graphics, Vehicle movement and showing required power cost for improvement and buildings.
I appreciate the work but I think still need some improvement.

A Suggestion - It will be more good if we get he videos in HD. as previous videos are not so effective .High quality videos (sequences.wz - with 919MB) was looks low resolution when we play game with high resolution with 1440X900.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Caluss wrote:lots of bugs remain!
What are these bugs, and why weren't they reported against the beta releases?
Tig Weld
New user

Post by Tig Weld »

The only bug, if a bug, that i have noticed is the AI not attacking in skirmish game, there just sitting there to long on my team when playing with NullBot on my team ,the other AI B team nexus come over and wipe out the AI on my side
and they don't move from the factory, trucks are made but no movement from any trucks on my team, then after 5 min there is movement but its too late and its a 1v3 game, the setting is on insane on all AI in game. if i put NullBot on enemy team and nexus on my team it works, B team enemy lose , also Semperfi jS make tanks but don't move from base B team come over to attack and win.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Tig Weld wrote:The only bug, if a bug, that i have noticed is the AI not attacking in skirmish game, there just sitting there to long on my team when playing with NullBot on my team ,the other AI B team nexus come over and wipe out the AI on my side
and they don't move from the factory, trucks are made but no movement from any trucks on my team, then after 5 min there is movement but its too late and its a 1v3 game, the setting is on insane on all AI in game. if i put NullBot on enemy team and nexus on my team it works, B team enemy lose , also Semperfi jS make tanks but don't move from base B team come over to attack and win.
Tell me your game setup? Do you have anything in the log? Because i tested this a lot and everything worked.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Tig Weld wrote:also Semperfi jS make tanks but don't move from base B team come over to attack and win.
Semperfi JS is more of an API test case than a real AI. I should have removed it a long time ago.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Semperfi JS is working well for me. He collects an army and attacks the waves. Quite an interesting and varied AI
Tig Weld
New user

Post by Tig Weld »

Semperfi JS in my game all AI in game set to Semperfi JS 3v3 insane
my team don't move just wait there team B enemy do come over and there Semperfi JS too
but my team never go anywhere so game is just a defend all game long no attack??
Tig Weld
New user

Post by Tig Weld »

Tested NullBot on some maps thay don't do anything other than make trucks and on some maps its working ok again?
the trucks don't move or build and wait a long time to start doing anything.
But all is good with other AI will test more see what i find, the new 3.2.0 is nice with the new research
and trucks that are near helping to build without your pointing to them is good.
a option on/off for mouse bleeps sounds would be nice too.
Semperfi JS bug i am having maybe a map related problem, will try other maps see if works..
Tig Weld
New user

Post by Tig Weld »

Campaign crash can not go to the start of Beta just get this in log after load up transporter
and press continue? it will only work from new game and select Beta Campaign?
nfo |03:16:53: [res_parse:102] stats/research/cam2 is not a directory!
info |03:16:53: [res_parse:102] Assert in Warzone: resource_parser.ypp:102 (PHYSFS_isDirectory(aCurrResDir)), last script event: 'N/A'
fatal |03:16:53: [WzConfig:85] Missing required file stats/research/cam2/research.txt
Caluss
New user

Post by Caluss »

Per wrote:
Caluss wrote:lots of bugs remain!
What are these bugs, and why weren't they reported against the beta releases?
they were!
look on the bug tracker and read them.
everyone is having issues with this build that is why I am shocked that you jumped from beta to release in such a short period of time.
where did the release candidates go?
what was the rush to get this out?
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

F10 from anywhere in the game still causes wz to crash for me.

Same thing when clicking on the building limits icon at the skirmish host screen.