Great job. These are all good changes. I did some testing and found some undesirable behavior and provided feedback below. DISCREPANCIES:
• The ESC button does not close the chat text box
• The enter button does not submit chat text when the game is paused.
• Mouse over dialog boxes from the skirmish settings screen are kept open if a player presses ESC to return to the main menu, the dialog box still remains until the player returns to the skirmish screen. See screenshot.
• I cannot change the resolution as described in the above post. See screenshot.
• WZ crashes every time I press F10 to take a screenshot. It even crashes at the main screen when pressing F10. Seems to crash anywhere.
• Ctrl+K the new hotkey for analyzing graphics issues causes WZ to crash for me.
• The map selection screens are sorted descending now instead of ascending. I preferred the original sorting .
• When playing with shadows on, the entire game is very dark as if the entire view is shadowed. Seems to be a bug with shadow display causing a dark view.
• I don’t like the changing of the cursor when moving with the arrow keys
• I really like how 3.2.0 debug mode allows players to zoom out infinitesimally. I think it would be a huge improvement if we could increase the max zoom out rate for normal gameplay but would need to figure out how to increase the visible area . We could also make this a feature of the satellite uplink or some other sensor upgrade. I think that would enhance gameplay a ton.
• The turrets are sorted descending in the design menu. This is good for VTOLs because it makes the bombs appear on the first page. It would be nice if the mouse scroll wheel were able to flip through the design page menu as it does the research menu.
• Allies research time was counting down drastically faster than mine and had a higher research time. See EMP in the screenshot. Maybe allies research time doesn't take into account module upgrades? I didn't check to see if my allies res facility was upgraded but even if it wasn't, it was counting down way faster than mine.
I think this is the best improvement to game play. This is a very good idea to give players an alternative game play strategy. I would prefer to play most games like this.
• Add: Add teams mode without shared research
Very good. This is much more useful than CTRL+V as we’re often not interested in selecting unarmed VTOLs.
• Add: Add Shift+V to select all fully-armed VTOLs
• Add: Default map team setups supported, added for some maps
Very Good. The menu looks much better
• Change: Move Command HUD to make more room for more items
• Change: Make VTOLs return to rearm when out of ammo, if told to patrol or circle
Very Good idea. There are some items that become functionally obsolete but are still worth keeping around to allow players to compare differences. Having a filter for this functionality is nice. There are some items I want to add to /stats/research/redcomponents + redstructure to make them obsolete without having to debate if a player may still need it.
• Change: Allow designing and building obsolete tanks
Very Good. I like how it only displays one instance of most messages. At first I didn’t like the green font but after a couple of hours I became used to it. This is great.
• Change: Only play 'power resource' message once for each research
• Change: No armour bonus while building is in construction
Good, cleaner unit menu and it was redundant functionality.
• Remove: Secondary orders hold and pursue removed, use primary order hold and attack instead
Good. These unit parameters were only useful on turrets that could not fire while moving e.g. mortars, grenadiers, plasma cannon when they were patrolling. Since this functionality has been removed, I verified those units defaulted to long distance and pursue behavior while patrolling. If they defaulted to short distance it would have nerfed them big time.
• Remove: The optimal/short/long range GUI elements have been removed
Not sure what ECM Jammer tech does. Radar detector isn’t worth building as is, I don’t find it helpful at all.
• Add: Enable ECM Jammer tech. Increase radar detector cost to 2000, from 900
• Change: Make easy difficulty AIs get 25% less power from derricks
• Change: Make insane difficulty give 2x power income to AIs
Very good. It’s much more realistic that allies can leverage each other’s sensors. This is great.
• Change: Improved counterbattery target checking, can also now use allied counterbattery sensors
Good. Until commander is relevant.
• Remove: Command turret upgrades
Good. In EB mod I set all non-bomb VTOL’s to 100/90 to effectively give them 100% accuracy. Taking them out of the picture achieves the same thing.
• Remove: Remove the distinction between short and long range for accuracy purposes
This is the best overall feature of 3.2. I consistently get many more FPS and the limit on max FPS rendering seems to have been lifted. My game appearance is slightly brighter and I can tell the difference in terrain + tile rendering.
• Change: Significantly improve model rendering performance
Good. I take it this is responsible for the new max zoom in debug mode.
• Add: New function function cameraZoom to change camera zoom
Not sure this has any effect on balance of power. I did notice that some power upgrades have been removed from /stats/functions
• Add: New function setPowerModifier to change the power modifier
• Add: New function setSky to change the skybox on the fly
I found that there are free web based convertors to go from the old .csv style to the new .json format. From there, the .csv’s can be loaded into excel and quickly compared using an excel plug-in to identify all stats changes.
• Change: Savegames and stats are now in JSON format
Good. I can’t think of a use for it right now but I can see how it could be.
• Add: The minimum damage that a weapon causes is now moddable
Ctrl+K crashes for me
• For analysing graphics performance issues, there is a new hotkey ctrl+k in debug mode to get info on what takes time