Community testers wanted!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Community testers wanted!

Post by vexed »

We are looking for people to tell us their feedback on these builds.

Please test campaign, skirmish, and multiplayer, and tell us your honest opinion on how it compares to 3.1.2.

Thanks!

Yes, you can install these with 3.1.2 on the same system, they use different config directories for windows users, and for linux users, it does NOT share the 3.1 config directory.

Remember, in MP games, people MUST have the same version to be able to play with each other!

You can find the latest build for testing here:
As I write this, the latest is warzone2100-master-20150301-044517-c52c4e6.exe

Windows:
http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master/windows/
Linux:
http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master/linux/
Mac:
Sorry, not available at this time.

NOTE, moving stuff that isn't a bug to viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12017
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Community testers wanted!

Post by MaNGusT »

The link of a win build has changed.

edit: also, may be you should write a launcher that will compare file's checksums and download only needed/changed files. It'll speed up tests of master version, so everyone would have the latest version to play mp and we would get the stable version faster.
Last edited by MaNGusT on 26 Jan 2015, 01:09, edited 2 times in total.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

MaNGusT wrote:The link of a win build has changed.

edit: also, may be you should write a launcher that will compare file's checksums and download only needed/changed files. It'll speed up tests of master version, so everyone would have the latest version to play mp and we would get the stable version faster.
Yes, sorry, didn't know there was going to be another commit to fix campaign stuff.
In that directory for your platform, you will find 1 file.

Everyone just needs to make sure they are using the exact same version (same hash) listed in the filename for MP games.

Sorry about that.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I tested the campaign a few times. Works fine for me. No crashes. There is one bug (maybe two, i am not sure) i found , which i will report. All in all i can say, the changes are good. Especially the intelligent and more aggressive behaviour of the scavs. Well done job. Is this topic the place to discuss the changes?
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

This thread is fine for your findings.

Thanks!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I've played in single, and had a two crashes. One is for sure- on 1st on fly mission where 1st time you are able to get backup (reinforcements). Game CRASHED when clicking on transporter button to manage units in transport.
Attachments
logs_bug1_cam1-4.zip
(17.39 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Terminator wrote:I've played in single, and had a two crashes. One is for sure- on 1st on fly mission where 1st time you are able to get backup (reinforcements). Game CRASHED when clicking on transporter button to manage units in transport.
Thanks, fixed in a29e052 and higher.

Next! :stressed:
wayward4now
Rookie
Rookie

Post by wayward4now »

Running Debian Jessie 64 and it built just fine. Ran it in single mode, and the only problem I had was that the click-on-select area of vehicles is pretty small. Overall, good job. Ric

BTW, the master zip file offered on github for download refused to compile for me. Maybe this version should replace it? Thanx, Ric
Last edited by vexed on 03 Feb 2015, 04:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I am not sure...is this a bug or a change? If you give a truck the command to build an oil-resource which is burning, the trucks move to the resource, but they don`t build AFTER the burning. They don`t remember the command. In the past they waited until the fire ends and started to build.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

- montetank is right. in first1 gamebuild(when this topic has been started) trunks were waiting for oil to burn-out, but didn't start build oil derrick when its gone. Now(last build feb9) its works like in old 1.10 - trucks just dont want to build if oil burning, don't even wait(not in build queue).

- One more thing. Savegames doesn't work. 1st time I thought its just saves from different gamebuilds but, in feb9-build I saved and load game - and its crashes.(logs attached).

- ok I remember why you get rid off "fire range" units option (in unit options menu). Everyone always set Long range. But why cut units stances options, like HOLD, PURSUE, GUARD. I sometimes uses it, well not "pursue" but "hold" and "guard". I think it should be considered to replace them with something or re-image this stances.
I think "guard" > rename to "stop", and Hold is hold. So it would be like in all RTS.

- FOV problem. I know you aware of it. But I dont know is it related to healthbars shift when units on screen but very close to screen edge. It very annoys cause selecting those units is problematical.
Attachments
wz2100-m-20150209-195733-758f3b4.zip
(165.25 KiB) Downloaded 433 times

montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Terminator wrote: - ok I remember why you get rid off "fire range" units option (in unit options menu). Everyone always set Long range. But why cut units stances options, like HOLD, PURSUE, GUARD. I sometimes uses it, well not "pursue" but "hold" and "guard". I think it should be considered to replace them with something or re-image this stances.
I think "guard" > rename to "stop", and Hold is hold. So it would be like in all RTS.
Thats funny-i just want to ask whats happend with the"hold position" button ? Its one of the most important at the beginning of the campaign. Making the repair units like a repairfac. waiting at the commandcenter or LZ in the 5th mission. I wish the option back.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Terminator wrote:- montetank is right. in first1 gamebuild(when this topic has been started) trunks were waiting for oil to burn-out, but didn't start build oil derrick when its gone. Now(last build feb9) its works like in old 1.10 - trucks just dont want to build if oil burning, don't even wait(not in build queue).
Hmm...unsure on this.
- One more thing. Savegames doesn't work. 1st time I thought its just saves from different gamebuilds but, in feb9-build I saved and load game - and its crashes.(logs attached).

- ok I remember why you get rid off "fire range" units option (in unit options menu). Everyone always set Long range. But why cut units stances options, like HOLD, PURSUE, GUARD. I sometimes uses it, well not "pursue" but "hold" and "guard". I think it should be considered to replace them with something or re-image this stances.
The savegame issue is a bug, but the other issue seems intentional. :hmm:
There should be a Hold / Pursue / Guard buttons... as for renaming guard, no, guard means to guard a unit, not stop.
I see the commit why it got changed though... https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... f434fcf7b4 is the problem.

We have a stop hotkey IIRC.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Note, updated builds, we now use SDL 2.
It has other changes as well for input, so, if people can, please test and find bugs related to input.
I can't easily test unicode entry on my system.
It also has colored hardware cursors, and other fixes.
Terminator, it also fixes the issue you (at least, I think it was you) that you had with lobby chat.

As I write this, the latest is warzone2100-master-20150301-044517-c52c4e6.exe

Thanks again for testing!
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Lobby chat ? dont remember recent submits about it (just one long long time ago, about limited string size). As for SDL btw yesterday I wanted to compile SDL branch and I've failed. Is sdl2 now in main master ?

NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I think (1) i was affected as well, (2) it was fixed in master a while ago (afair i even bisected and found some unrelated-at-a-glance commit by Cyp and mentioned it in the ticket), though 3.1 is still affected, (3) this latest change doesn't seem to be causing any regressions in that regard.