Today, we finally have a new release of Warzone 2100, version 3.1.2!
It is available at our usual location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ses/3.1.2/
This is another release that unfortunately again, has been a very long in coming, and brings along some bug fixes and improvements.
Please see our repo @ https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... .1...3.1.2 for the complete list.
Note, if you wish to compile it yourself directly from our repo:
- Code: Select all
git fetch origin --tags
git checkout 3.1.2
Now, you may have been wondering why is it taking so long for making releases.
We are a very small team of volunteers, that have actual jobs, and unfortunately, time is short for all of these days, so we have to use our time as best we can, and the majority of that has been working on the next version of Warzone that will be released after the 3.x version.
This project has no paid members, and all donations go directly to our web hosting provider that supports these forums, our lobby server, our bug tracker, and also the addons site.
As was mentioned, most of the focus that has been going on is with the next version of Warzone.
See forum post and ticket #4234 for ongoing discussions and progress.
We are still looking for volunteers, be it helping with the Campaign conversions forum post and ticket #4234, or fixing bugs or if web design is your thing, or, helping out the AR team upgrade the graphics to the units, or if you want to help write some new campaigns, forum member Goth Zagog-Thou is working on that front, feel like testing things, then forum member crab's Warzone guide Database could use some heavy testing before that goes final, and if none of that interests you, I am sure you can find something creative for you to do.
We would again like to thank all the volunteers that try to make Warzone the best RTS it can be, and never forget, Strategy by Design!
Don't forget, if you play the campaign, we strongly encourage you do download the videos as well!
They tell more about the story, and have more information about some campaigns.
Get the campaign videos from here Campaign Videos
Please report all bugs to http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket, NOT ON THE FORUMS!
Sidenote, we have 200,000+ downloads of 3.1.1 from our SF page, and then all the distros + playdeb + all the rest, I am betting we have around 500K+ downloads. The vast, vast majority of those are SP *only*. Maybe 1% of that is MP.
Special thanks to forum member WolfTrak for making the mac builds!
We also would like to thank Berg & stiv for getting the version site up fast.
2014-12-29: Version 3.1.2
- Change: Some updated textures and models (90f9ef01e8)
- Change: No longer enforce a 255 max limit on number of structure types (8f7b9c8f07, #4205)
- Fix: Race condition bugs (4986580f08, #4213, #3228)
- Fix: Throttling of danger function was not working (9827d7a2a9, #4212)
- Fix: Stop auto-repair from repairing unfinished structures (8f7b9c8f07, #4205)
- Fix: Fix wall rotation bug (b562febeec)
- Fix: Highground map for balance issues (ec99d98a47)
- Fix: Update the Roughness map to improve terrain texturing (9eb558eba4)
- Fix: Add some Host & client version checks (b92a1d9328 3e746930eb)
- Fix: Add missing bitmaps to distribution packages (992dcecac2)
- Fix: Add missing bison/flex files to distribution packages (63b1860973, #4151)
- Change: Linux crash dumps are now written to our config directory. (ff1ac373ab, #3885)
[*] Update: Portuguese-Brazillian translation by Tucalipe (#4164)
[*] Update: Hungarian translation by Mészáros Tamás & Szalai Kálmán & MeszarosTomi (#4250 #4264 #4266 )
[*] Update: Italian translation by Alpha93 (#4174)
[*] Update: Greek translation by Nikos (#3703)