The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Warzone 2100 2.0.9 - Linux only hotfix

Post by DevUrandom »

Hello again!

We have made yet another release. The fix this time is relatively small, but affected many Linux users:
If you had libvorbis 1.2.0 installed on your system, sound would not work and Warzone 2100 would inevitably lockup when starting a game. This was due to some missuse of libvorbis, present since "ever", which only showed effects since libvorbis version 1.2.0.

That libvorbis (and not alsa, as we originaly expected) was causing these lockups was just recently discovered by Karlik on IRC and immediately fixed by cybersphinx. Thanks for helping to hunt this down!

[red]Windows and Mac OS X were not affected[/red], since for them we always bundled Warzone 2100 with libvorbis 1.1.2.
[red]Windows and Mac OS X users do not need to upgrade![/red]
In fact we don't even provide any download for you, since there were no other changes.

For our Linux fellows the update can, as usually, be retrieved from the downloads section. For those interested, have a look in the massively updated ( ;) ) ChangeLog.

--DevUrandom

PS: A (sourcecode) patch from 2.0.8 to 2.0.9 is also available.

// Kamaze: Changed the title a little.
Last edited by Kamaze on 23 Dec 2007, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.
lukz89
New user

Re: Warzone 2100 2.0.9 - Linux only

Post by lukz89 »

Hi DevUrandom, first I wanna thank you for the great work... and notify you that the debian etch download link is broken  :'(
See ya.

P.s: Excuse my terrible english  :P
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100 2.0.9 - Linux only

Post by DevUrandom »

Hi! :)

Thanks for noticing. I disabled the link since the package was not yet ready at the time I uploaded the others. I expected it to appear later on.
We are working it...