3.1.1 RC 3 is now available

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.

How do you like the MP balance changes so far ?

Just right.
17%
Good enough.
33%
Still needs work (explain)
28%
I still have no clue about the balance changes.
22%

Total votes: 18

Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

3.1.1 RC 3 is now available

Post by Staff »

Today, we bring you what should be final release candidate before the 3.1.1 final release.

These are the final balance changes, so if you see a problem, let us know!

As usual, you can find all our releases at our SourceForge hosting page located here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... 3.1.1_rc3/
For those of you that are using our repo, the correct way to get it is, git pull --tags then git checkout v3.1.1_rc3.

If all goes smoothly, we anticipate a final release in a few weeks.

A word about map-mods. We have made a change that will now show map-mods in red, on the lobby screen, and red on the
map pick list.
You will see a red lamp by the map name when it detects a map-mod, so, now, everyone will know if the game they are playing has been changed from how we made it.

We are also looking for mac developers and/or builders to help us make builds, and to fix anything mac related that may pop up with the migration to Qt 5.x, or any other mac related problem.
The mac builds will be available as soon as we can get someone to build them, sorry about that, but none of the developers have a mac to make builds with.

We also would like to thank all the donors who have donated to the site's operating costs, without which, we wouldn't be here, and all the contributors who have helped make Warzone a better game with improved textures, models, mods and maps.
If you would like to make a donation to help with the ongoing server cost, (the only thing we use the funds on) please visit http://donations.wz2100.net

Special note:
We now have Warzone 2100 portable builds available
What are portable releases? In simple terms, you can install them anywhere, and everything is self-contained.
That means that if you install it in f:\my_games\Warzone 2100 3.1.1/ (or a USB drive, or...) that it will ONLY write to that directory, and nothing else.
That directory will have the config file, and directories made for you.

Changelog:

2013-11-23: Version 3.1.1_rc3
  • Multiplayer:
    • Change: Differentiate between maps and maps that have mods in them. Map-mods will now be shown in red. (commit:fdd2524f1b9d425955e40c03c1447ccea6e02872)
    • Change: Revert VTOL avoidance & collision checks (commit:e3279f6d033b4967b955dcaaf2ce3c5e21ed7579 commit:75ede1da1d77b6326b9897b59d5d394d3ef533f0)
    • Change: Flashlight now requires sensor upgrade Mk2, while Pulse Laser still requires sensor upgrade Mk3. (commit:109ee4d7b9598a6696211338599eff6b1a891173)
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: 3.1.1 RC 3 is now available

Post by vexed »

NOTE, linux users, please make sure you are running physfs 2.0.3!

Also note, if you get a fatal error when you start the game, then you most likely have corrupted maps, and you need to delete the file it tells you.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
knifeonlyac
Greenhorn

Post by knifeonlyac »

I approve. Many thanks (devs?)
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I checked for "it still needs work" because there is no version for the Mac available. So one of the things still to do is a compilation for the Macintosh. :)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

themac wrote:I checked for "it still needs work" because there is no version for the Mac available. So one of the things still to do is a compilation for the Macintosh. :)
Don't do that, you invalidate the results. :stare:
The question clearly states "How do you like the MP balance changes so far ?"
It has nothing to do with builds.

Besides, we already wrote:
We are also looking for mac developers and/or builders to help us make builds, and to fix anything mac related that may pop up with the migration to Qt 5.x, or any other mac related problem.
The mac builds will be available as soon as we can get someone to build them, sorry about that, but none of the developers have a mac to make builds with.
We can't get much clearer than that.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Bulldozer
Greenhorn

Post by Bulldozer »

... and once again, here's an unofficial build for the Mac users out there:
http://eisbox.net/downloads/wz2100_3.1.1_rc3.zip

Same things apply as before: Built on Snow Leopard (x86 10.6), and briefly tested on Mavericks (x86_64 10.9), so I expect it will work on just about everything in between. Caveat emptor. Enjoy!
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

Bulldozer wrote:... and once again, here's an unofficial build for the Mac users out there:
http://eisbox.net/downloads/wz2100_3.1.1_rc3.zip

Same things apply as before: Built on Snow Leopard (x86 10.6), and briefly tested on Mavericks (x86_64 10.9), so I expect it will work on just about everything in between. Caveat emptor. Enjoy!
And once again... good man!
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

ooopsy talked too soon:

unexpectedly closes before even the inital splash screen, here is the log:
Spoiler:
Seems to me absurd
~
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Rommel wrote:ooopsy talked too soon:

unexpectedly closes before even the inital splash screen, here is the log:
Spoiler:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11375#p125425

The map it talks about in the FATAL message is corrupted. Delete it.
This has nothing to do with the build.

Thanks Bulldozer for the mac build, it is appreciated for our mac fans. :)
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

vexed wrote: This has nothing to do with the build.
So I take it something changed with this build because worked fine with the RC2... removing the maps did the trick thanks.
Seems to me absurd
~
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Probably the new map-mod detector?

Where do people get incomplete maps from in the first place? Might it be incomplete downloads from multiplayer games? Then it is normal to have incomplete maps game should not crash on that.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

NoQ wrote: Where do people get incomplete maps from in the first place? Might it be incomplete downloads from multiplayer games? Then it is normal to have incomplete maps game should not crash on that.
I believe you are correct - I can only recall actually downloading maps from Rexy's thread and those seem ok - the rest came from mp downloads. It could become quite an irritation if faulty/incomplete maps brick the game - there are probably many people that won't even know what to do if this happens (like me lol).
Seems to me absurd
~
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Rommel wrote:
NoQ wrote: Where do people get incomplete maps from in the first place? Might it be incomplete downloads from multiplayer games? Then it is normal to have incomplete maps game should not crash on that.
I believe you are correct - I can only recall actually downloading maps from Rexy's thread and those seem ok - the rest came from mp downloads. It could become quite an irritation if faulty/incomplete maps brick the game - there are probably many people that won't even know what to do if this happens (like me lol).
The options were to either delete the corrupted / unsupported map file (with no prompting) or just exit out, and leave it up to the user to delete the corrupted / unsupported file. We can't copy it or rename/ move it, so we leave it up to the user.
It isn't a crash either, it exits on purpose, as in, by design. The message could have been clearer, and that has already been fixed for the final.

There are multiple sources that people can get the map files from, could have been in-game download, or external site, or...

That said, we could delete said file silently (as in, log it in the logs, but delete it once detected without prompting) if enough people think that is a better option than being told via the requester to delete said corrupted / unsupported file.
I know this isn't perfect, but we are really limited on how to do this...

It now shows:
brokenMaps.PNG
brokenMaps.PNG (16.88 KiB) Viewed 26387 times
BTW, this was tested with over 300 maps, and lots of those were from downloads from in-game, and the above issue never really came up, since I don't have any corrupted maps. :stressed:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

There is also an option to not crash and not delete but only throw a warning :hmm:
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:There is also an option to not crash and not delete but only throw a warning :hmm:
Only linux people would see that, and their directories would get filled with invalid files (which takes longer and longer to parse)--and, I am not sure that those invalid files can't come back and bite us later.

BTW, we do ignore files for map packs... so, I am not saying it can't be done, I am just saying if it is the right thing to do, ignore everything or not ?

For windows & mac... they hardly ever look at the log files.