3.1.1 RC1 is now available!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

3.1.1 RC1 is now available!

Post by Staff »

Greetings Warzone fans, today, we bring you the release of 3.1.1 RC1.

It is available at our usual location: https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... 3.1.1_rc1/
For those of you that are using our repo, the correct way to get it is, git pull then git checkout 3.1.1_rc1.

With this release, we bring some security fixes, along with the usual slew of bug fixes, and also some changes to balance that will
hopefully fix the major annoyances that have been noted. Thanks to NoQ and crab for the input!
We also have two new AIs, one for turtle players, and another one that loves to use hovers. Special thanks to NoQ for making those as well.

Also of note, we have updated the UPnP library, to hopefully detect more devices. The way it works is, when you start a multiplayer match, it will tell you the status, on if it can open the correct ports needed by Warzone. If not, you will get that message as well.
There is a delay while we poll your router, so do not hit the 'start hosting button' until you see a success or failure message.
If you do not wish to have UPnP detection, then, in your config file, just have UPnP=0 for off.

Please test this release candidate now, and report back to us any issues that you may have encountered, and report bugs in the bug tracker, trac, which now requires your forum user name & password to login.

If all goes smoothly, we anticipate a final release in a few weeks.

We are also looking for mac developers and/or builders to help us make builds, and to fix anything mac related that may pop up with the migration to Qt 5.x, or any other mac related problem.
The mac builds will be available as soon as we can get someone to build them, sorry about that, but none of the developers have a mac to make builds with.

We also would like to thank all the donors who have donated to the site's operating costs, without which, we wouldn't be here, and all the contributors who have helped make Warzone a better game with improved textures, models, mods and maps.
If you would like to make a donation to help with the ongoing server cost, (the only thing we use the funds on) please visit http://donations.wz2100.net

Special note:
We now have Warzone 2100 portable builds available
What are portable releases? In simple terms, you can install them anywhere, and everything is self-contained.
That means that if you install it in f:\my_games\Warzone 2100 3.1.1/ (or a USB drive, or...) that it will ONLY write to that directory, and nothing else.
That directory will have the config file, and directories made for you.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: 3.1.1 RC1 is now available!

Post by Staff »

Those Balance tweaks are listed here:
Spoiler:
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

*list of issues found in this build:*
crab_
Trained
Trained

Post by crab_ »

It can be useful to have link to download RC1 placed at front page/news page.
There is no link from front page to this forum thread. So i spent 2-3 minutes to search dload link in forum news section.
Warzone2100 Guide - http://betaguide.wz2100.net/
crab_
Trained
Trained

Post by crab_ »

Many players complain on VTOLs which are stuck with ground units while on the fly.

Warzone crashed when i clicked onto chat box in hist game screen. Repeated 4 times.
crab_
Trained
Trained

Post by crab_ »

Tank transport was removed from game.
I think this happened because someone changed body type of SuperTransport from HEAVY to SUPER HEAVY and that kind of body cannot be produced in factory.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

crab_ wrote:Many players complain on VTOLs which are stuck with ground units while on the fly.
I think i've seen that, maybe even still have a saved skirmish game somewhere to reproduce that ... :oops: on my desktop, can't reach it right now.
mtomi78
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mtomi78 »

Hi! Everybody. I changed the hungarian translation. Uploaded the new file.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

crab_ wrote:It can be useful to have link to download RC1 placed at front page/news page.
There is no link from front page to this forum thread. So i spent 2-3 minutes to search dload link in forum news section.
Whoops, bad C&P.
crab_ wrote:Many players complain on VTOLs which are stuck with ground units while on the fly.
That is a side effect of trying not to have the transporters bunch together.
Warzone crashed when i clicked onto chat box in hist game screen. Repeated 4 times.
Hmm ? Need to see crash logs. Put up a ticket on trac.
crab_ wrote:Tank transport was removed from game.
I think this happened because someone changed body type of SuperTransport from HEAVY to SUPER HEAVY and that kind of body cannot be produced in factory.
No, you need to enter the DLC promo code to enable the Super Transporters!
Spoiler:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

vexed wrote:
That is a side effect of trying not to have the transporters bunch together.
I tweaked the code, so now, VTOLs will fly over any unit on the "ground" that isn't another VTOL.
f6c4e0447dd6237c9b58f901940f01c9b214486b

Since the formation code was removed in 955788bfa94d812637c1d5cd54fce2413ffd9331 and we don't have a replacement, there isn't much we can do to fix the bumping of VTOLs, so make sure the fast ones are first, and the slower ones bring up the rear.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I can confirm it seems fixed. VTOLs move around and still don't fly through each other (:
legion_Lex
Greenhorn

Warzone 2100 v3.1.1rc2

Post by legion_Lex »

dont fix vtol! (several people to the problem remained) maybe, can now not always, but sometimes VTOL blocked objects located on the ground (need confirmation?) and looks awful when flying several transporters - the transports chased the first transport and quickly and ugly knocking about him.