The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
iap
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 rc 3 is now out!

Post by iap »

Happy Camper wrote:
Cyp wrote: [*] Change: Auto-repair now works all the time, not just when droids are stopped (8c83693ba6)
Hmm, this has a major impact on balance in longer games. I thought it was intended as a tactical decision that you can either attack or being auto-repaired. I wiped 3 bases of nullbot enemies with a gang of 20 assault gunners without any loss. Usually, I lose about one half of them in the first attack.
Also I noticed that units I had given order to recycle went to a cliff above a walled-in factory they could not reach instead of a more distant factory that was reachable.
Path-finding is still not perfect, but I assume that's a tradeoff between performance and quality. My wife especially hates the folk dancers: when you deliver an engineer and 3 or 4 mechanics to the same point, the mechanics walk an endless circle around the engineer, thereby blocking the engineer when he's ordered to build something.

Anyway, it seems to be very stable (I only played skirmish), and I had no performace issues. 3.1 is going to be great version, thanks to all who contribute!
I agree completely!
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

@iap: Please stop to +1 posts!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Andrie wrote:@iap: Please stop to +1 posts!
Please stop “Please stop” posts!
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

I see Nullbot is included in 3.1 rc 3.
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
kluge
New user

Post by kluge »

It crashes every time about 20min into a skirmish. the game looks great just can't keep it open long enough to really explore the game. I was wondering is it because i have a 64 bit computer. I doubt this has anything to do with it but it the only thing i can think of?!

PS its not crashing my computer just the game

kluge
Vespeo_Razgriz
New user

Post by Vespeo_Razgriz »

My computer doesn't crash, the program does. And sometimes it crashes. Then I have to force re-boot.
I shouldn't have to upgrade the video drivers, the game plays just fine except for the video quality adjustment from 128x128 to 64x64.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

If it ever crashes, upgrade your video drivers. Runs here fine, without crashing, ever. (And I have a 64-bit computer.)

If you have to force reboot, update your video drivers. No amount of problems with the game can force you to reboot.

Just upgrade them. Whether or not you “should” have to. Most people can run the game fine. Some people used to have crashes, but then they upgraded their video drivers.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

For those with crashes: Another thing that causes crashes is if you are using Ultimate Scavenger Mod - try disabling the scav air bases on the structure limits screen (2nd page) and see if that sorts it. Since doing that I've not had a single crash with RC3.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

This isn't a very good change.
Change: Auto-repair now works all the time, not just when droids are stopped (8c83693ba6)
also the change of, Remove weapons from transports. They are meant for carrying troops,
not firing at them. Fixes a balancing problem, is silly. You build AA hardpoints and mobile AA to take down transports.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Originway wrote:also the change of, Remove weapons from transports. They are meant for carrying troops,
not firing at them. Fixes a balancing problem, is silly. You build AA hardpoints and mobile AA to take down transports.
That change is not in this release.
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

here it is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone2100port/

Looks like it was last updated in 2009 ! That must be 2.3.9 version. You should get hold of the latest versions from wz2100.net ...
Download 3.1 rc 3
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

kluge wrote:It crashes every time about 20min into a skirmish. the game looks great just can't keep it open long enough to really explore the game. I was wondering is it because i have a 64 bit computer. I doubt this has anything to do with it but it the only thing i can think of?!

PS its not crashing my computer just the game

kluge
I'm very interested about your logs. Could you open a ticket in the development section ? I have the same kind of bug, never the same time but always the same message.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Per wrote:
Originway wrote:also the change of, Remove weapons from transports. They are meant for carrying troops,
That change is not in this release.
maybe not now, but it will be in a release right?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Originway wrote:maybe not now, but it will be in a release right?
Hope so.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

I took the time to play the campaign again with the pretty new terrain renderer. :-) Well, somewhere in mid beta now.

Anyway, some minor stuff I've noted:

* In Alpha 7, sometimes a single unit gets dropped off to the valley with the second oil from Alpha-1 instead of the plateau. Unless this is intended, it may be necessary to move that drop location one tile to the east.

* In one of the Alpha missions, off-base, I built a 6th commander, which later on seemed to confuse the game. Apparently the commander limit check does not include in-base commanders?