3.1 rc 3 is now out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.1 rc 3 is now out!

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

I'd personally vote in favor of nerfing auto-repair by at least 50%, and seeing if that's enough to make it seem less OP. I do believe that auto-repair is one of the more underused techs in the game though.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

I use it a lot, at least in ski. Always nice to send in a harassing force to attack, retreat, repair, attack again while you send your primary assault force to a less defended section of the enemies base.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I always use auto-repair, very useful tech. However it is currently OP - once you get it, there's little point for repair stations and that changes the gameplay dynamic in a bad way IMHO. So +1 for nerfing it if droid is not idle.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Bertram
Greenhorn

Post by Bertram »

Hi there, :)

I have seen an enormous effort on stabilizing/bug fixing Warzone especially on the scripting side. 8)
Does someone know what are the current known missing things to do before releasing the next RC of the official release?

Note that I said known issues, of course. :lol2: ;)

Keep up the good work and best regards,
disrupt
New user

Post by disrupt »

Does anyone else have problems individually selecting cyborgs? I keep having to find myself selecting an area rather than individually selecting them.. it's not like I do it often, but it seems a bit jarring. Tank selection is fine. I mainly need to do it to unassign them from sensors when I've not pre-grouped them.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Bertram wrote:Hi there, :)

I have seen an enormous effort on stabilizing/bug fixing Warzone especially on the scripting side. 8)
Does someone know what are the current known missing things to do before releasing the next RC of the official release?

Note that I said known issues, of course. :lol2: ;)

Keep up the good work and best regards,
There are no more RC candidates planned for 3.1. :ninja:
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

disrupt wrote:Does anyone else have problems individually selecting cyborgs? I keep having to find myself selecting an area rather than individually selecting them.. it's not like I do it often, but it seems a bit jarring. Tank selection is fine. I mainly need to do it to unassign them from sensors when I've not pre-grouped them.
Seems to me the ability to select anything (tanks or cyborgs) has gotten smaller. Don't know if that was an intentional code change or something that just happened along the way.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I've been having problems selecting tanks and particularly cyborgs. Normally I just drag select, but in a battle I often want to grab one unit and it's quite difficult depending on camera position and zoom.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

disrupt wrote:Does anyone else have problems individually selecting cyborgs?
For a couple of versions I had the impression that selection has become a problem, but since I have no 2.x version installed for comparison, I was not sure if this was really different before. I mostly use box selection because it is too difficult to pick a single unit.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Between 1.1x and 3.x there is a huge differences. It is so much easier to select a unit in 1.1x and probably 2.x
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Staff wrote:There are no more RC candidates planned for 3.1. :ninja:
Sounds like 3.2 is just around the corner. I can hardly wait. :3
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Post by Stratadrake »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Between 1.1x and 3.x there is a huge differences. It is so much easier to select a unit in 1.1x and probably 2.x
From my personal experience the selector seems to have trouble with steep terrain, and the "hitbox" for the Tank Transport is waaaaaay too tall. As of 3.1 beta 11.
Strata @dA, @FAC
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

will the savegame fix that is on trac be added to 3.1?
raymond
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymond »

Maybe a new RC? Hopefully the final version soon.
dragondave53
New user

Post by dragondave53 »

I've just been moved onto 3.1 - rc2 as I've upgraded to Linux Mint 14. Trialling using the Challenge "Hide Behind Me". Updating & adding vehicles to the build list. Go back to list for factory & some of them have disappeared - not the same ones each time. Unplayable due to this as I'm spending more time trying to rebuild my build lists & losing tanks faster than I can rebuild the list!

Looks like 3.1 will have to go until the thing works! :evil:

Anyone able to point in the direction of 2.3.9 (.deb) version? :(