3.1 rc 3 is now out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: 3.1 rc 3 is now out!

Post by aubergine »

@raycast those sound like bugs, please create tickets for them: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Vancer2
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vancer2 »

cant get the game start from a shortcut with any command line options althought it works fine if i just click the warzone2100.exe
anyone else having that problem?
Arwu
New user

Post by Arwu »

just registered only to say that someone should be dead for this auto-repair full time stupid idea :)
Toxotte
Greenhorn

Post by Toxotte »

hello guys, good to see that each release is getting better than the previous, I think an improvement in the units group movement would be great, same as version 2.3, where the units did not block the way of each other, ride and stop in formation and cover damaged units returning for repair, in my opinion this was one of the great advantages of the warzone.
Thanks!
Bertram
Greenhorn

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

Out of this mess, and just out of curiosity, were some gameplay changes planned or finally decided not that long ago about the 3.1 release?

I remember Thorbjorn Lindeijer saying: "When the doc doesn't say the same thing that what's happening with the code, change the code, not the doc". Which rather means in my case, did you decide to change anything in the specs, even as a temporary test maybe?

Understand that I'm part of the people doing code themselves, that can understand that technical problems are nasty and tricky sometimes, and that has no passion or favouritism about the old or new gameplay rules.
So, I just wondered.

Also, what are the current known points preventing from releasing 3.1, stabilization fixes apart?

Thanks a lot for your answer and best regards,
sonicyouth
New user

Post by sonicyouth »

When I run the game on my lap top it won't play on full screen and there is no option to maximize it, any ideas?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

If there were manpower enough commited to an alternative to v. 3.x I don't think back-porting to the old terrain renderer would ever garner or muster as much excitement or energy (or make as much sense) as porting to Torque . But since I'm offering no manpower to any source dev, I can only regard any high horse on my part in these matters as no more than a jack a$$. :lol2:
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: 3.1 rc 3 is now out! and is the end of the world

Post by zydonk »

Has this thread been edited/censored?

Do I wield such power and influence that a minor complaint about targeting and the lively correspondence it engendered should be hived off into a new thread with an (ironic? sarcastic?) apocalyptic heading???????

Wow! Can't you do anything better than that? Like fix something of the mess you have made?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Zydonk - the non-bug-reporting content was split off in to it's own topic: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10108 <--- please feel free to continue your 3.1 bashing in that new topic, not here.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

is there a way to filter map-mods? I noticed even if you looked at them in map preview that they then load up on the next map even if that one isn't a map-mod. so it seems it is broken?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@originway, that sounds like bug - please create a ticket: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
raymond
Rookie
Rookie

Post by raymond »

Maybe new RC?
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Post by Happy Camper »

Happy Camper wrote:
Cyp wrote: [*] Change: Auto-repair now works all the time, not just when droids are stopped (8c83693ba6)
Hmm, this has a major impact on balance in longer games.
Usually I don't quote myself, but nobody else seems to care :wink: I just played against 3 Nullbot AIs, and one of them auto-repaired so fast that a single unit attracted a battery of my pepperpoints for minutes, happily firing at my towers all the time.
I liked it better the old way: units had to stand still for being auto-repaired, being an easy target for that time.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

If for whatever reason that feature has to remain then at least it should cut the repair rate by 75% while the unit is active.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I prefer both. Regeneration is a cool thing to have as a modder :D . But it might be too OP and the standard auto-repair should be back to normal until discussed.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.